Monday, February 4, 2008

Best Video Games for the Non-Gamer

Samba de Amigo . Dreamcast
All I have to say about this is that maracas are the game controllers. Thats right, maracas.

Donkey Konga . Gamecube
Take out the maracas and add bongos. Where else can you play bongos to B-52's Rock Lobster and be scored?

Guitar Hero III . Wii
I really didn't think I would like this game - I had seen people playing it in the stores and it looked hard and like it required way more coordination than I would be able to muster. Flash forward to the beginning of this year and we got Guitar Hero III for Wii. Not only is it surprisingly easy to pick up, but the songs are really fun to rock out to.

SingStar . PS2
This karaoke game is absolutely perfect for parties - just make sure the libations are flowing and all of a sudden everyone will be ready to rock the mic. The original videos combined with an excellent selection of songs really makes this game great.

-And yes, I know what you are thinking: Based on what I've mentioned I should probably invest in Rock Band.

Nintendo Power Pad . NES
Can you have a list of games for the non-gamer and exclude the Nintendo Power Pad? I checked and you can't. I personally liked the Track and Field game, as well as the Short Order game - and remember when you figured out you could punch the pad with your hands when you got tired of running?

Wii Sports . Wii
I don't know if it is because I think I can really bowl now or if I am just blown away by Nintendo's innovation - but the Wii (and specifically Wii Sports) is amazing.

Pikmin . GameCube
Pretend you are a spaceman that crashes on a mysterious planet and you soon discover you can plant flowers that act as your little minions once you pull them up - sound crazy? No, its just another concept brought to you by the Japanese! Add to that natural predators (but nothing gory), and a set amount of time to get your spacecraft parts found and assembled, and you have Pikmin.

BrainAge . DS2
Seemingly simple games to exercise your mind definitely have you second guessing just how smart (or stupid) you are. In one exercise you click on the color that is written on the screen, for example red, yellow or blue.In another game you perform simple addition - but I warn you: prepare to be stunned at how hard simple addition is.

Animal Crossing . GameCube
In this game your character lives in a town and you perform tasks to make money and acquire things - as well as maintain the town and make friends. It is like playing town when you were 5, but it is a video game and it is fun. Something about getting things done and feeling accomplished is so much easier when you are a little raccoon running around.

Tetris
I don't think I need any explanation here.

4 comments:

  1. Singstar is my favorite. I think I would even pay money to download my favorite jams. And please invest in Rock Band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock Band is supposed to come out for Wii later this year, so it's a possibility. I would only consider buying Rock Band if it can use the Guitar Hero 3 guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anica! I didn't know you had a blog...
    Have you ever seen the to-do list blog? It's pretty entertaining....
    well g2g! :)
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  4. We bought Rock Band yesterday! For a PS3 we don't own yet!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...