Monday, June 9, 2008

Linked list: 1001 books...before you die

Whilst perusing other list sites (market research) I came upon a list of 1001 books you must read before you die* on Listology. Having just finished my first full book in over a year, I decided I was on a reading jag and this list was the guidance needed to persue this task. After copying and formatting the list to my liking, I printed the pages and tucked in with my red pen to ceremoniously cross off those books I've already read. We know where this is going: several pages and very few pen marks later I had reached the end of the list. To add insult to injury, I've seen more of the titles as movies than read as books, but with my library card in hand that's all about to change...or my local library will be flush with cash thanks to the overdue books.

Side note: To get in a good session of eyerolling, be sure to read the reader's comments.

*List taken from: 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die: A Comprehensive Reference Source, Chronicling the History of the NovelPreface by Peter Ackroyd, General Editor Peter Boxall

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...