Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Royale...my neighborhood bar not in my neighborhood

My sister and her fiancee closed on their house yesterday (congrats!) so Daniel and I went over to pass judgement on their painting efforts. The group of us then decided to go over to the neighborhood bar for dinner and drinks since watching paint dry is notoriously boring. Just walking up to The Royale and I knew I was going to love this place...let me count the ways:

  1. No smoking policy - extremely rare for a bar in STL

  2. Vintage exit sign

  3. Pressed tin ceiling (or replica tin ceiling)

  4. The menus came housed in large children's books
  5. Booths made of church pew seats

  6. The check was delivered on a small clipboard created from a cigar box
  7. Good music
  8. Large selection of cocktails and beers - most of the cocktails are dedicated to a ward of the city and have clever names to accompany. The beer selection seemed very large and Daniel ordered a Brazilian beer that one friend in Los Angeles claimed was the best he ever had, but couldn't find it in the U.S.

  9. Good atmosphere
  10. Our waiter sported a rat-tail.

As you can see, little things go a long way for me. The whole experience was so exciting and I can't wait to visit again.

1 comment:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...