Friday, January 9, 2009

Tea Party


After a recent visit from lawyerchefgirl and husband, we received the coolest post-stay-at-your-place gift: a selection of teas. This perfectly matched the visit since the weekend included a lot of homemade chai to ward off illnesses and help warm the SoCal bones during a colder Midwest weekend. The selection of teas included (from top, left to right):
  • Sugar crystals
    Although not tea, a few of these crystals dropped into steeping tea adds a nice sweetness.
  • Gunpowder
    This tea seems too potent to be a green leaf tea, but the label says it is green so I will go with that. The leaves come curled up in little pellets and the smell alone advertises the potency of the tea. Makes you want to smack your momma.
  • Ceylon Sonata
    A nice mild black tea. I am loving this in my breakfast rotation right now.
  • Jasmine bloom
    My favorite of the teas - it is a little ball of green tea hand-stitched around a jasmine bloom. As the tea steeps it opens to reveal the jasmine flower and scent.
  • Dragonwell
    This green tea comes as flat, crisp wafers that I can only imagine would be lots of fun to sit and crush each one between my thumb and index finger. As you can seen, I am still off the green tea train, but I am working on it.
  • Assam Harmony
    The best black tea I have tasted - it is good both warm and chilled.

Although not pictured, she also sent along loose leaf tea bags. For me, this is synonymous with rolling your own cigarettes - though arguably less badass - but I still feel cool putting my tea in the bags and steeping them in water just the same.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. I really need to brush up on my photography. Glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...