Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Ain't No Halloweenie

What the...it's already October! Despite being planted in front of a computer everyday and attached to a phone every waking minute -- both of which tell me the date -- I can't believe October is 29% over and I have 0% done on Halloween costumes. Well, I can believe it and starting on a costume now would put me well in front of previous Halloween's start times -- Indio's first Halloween (caterpillar) I bought a costume bunting because sewing a costume didn't even enter my mind with a 2 month old. Indio's second Halloween (Fred Flinstone) I whipped together the night before by sewing the world's most haphazard orange sheath and then hot gluing embellishments to it. It turned out way better than I thought it would*.


Which brings us to Indio's third Halloween...this year. Indio is into dress up and right now he is very much into Toy Story, Winnie-the-Pooh and Fireman Sam. We've asked him if he wants to be Woody, his answer is yes, Buzz? Yes. Winnie-the-Pooh? Yes. Tigger? Yes. Momma? Yes...okay, he says yes to it all. I am making the executive decision for Toy Story - now I just need to make the costumes and convince him this is the best idea ever.

Some inspirational links:

Oh, and one more thing: Daniel and I have gotten into the costume spirit in the past. How is this for awesome? Incredibly, both suits came from one Goodwill.

*Last year I was Anya from Project Runway, so the last minute costume actually working out was all in the spirit of Project Runway. My Anya costume I put together in 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...