Monday, November 26, 2012

It's All In the Cards

One of my favorite things to do at the holidays is to order and send out cards -- the old fashioned way, through the postal service. It is somewhat cathartic to send Season's Greetings to all the family and friends I've been bad at corresponding with via e-mail, phone or facebook and just let them know we're thinking about them. And I love to get Holiday cards in the mail (hint, hint.)

Most years I procrastinate and order the cards at the end of December and, while the theme may be decidedly 'Happy Holidays', it often gets sent out close to the New Year. This year is different: The cards are ordered and already in my sweaty little hands. Granted, seeing 20% off made me think I better act quickly* -- it expired at midnight! So after work the other day I did a mini photo session with Indio to try and capture the perfect card moment. He was happy because I set him loose on the playground, but I was that weird mother following my child around the playground going "Smile! Say 'cheeeeese!' Look at me, Indio"  with a big-momma camera. Several mock-ups later here are the contenders (I somewhat withheld the actual one for now):




But, the best part of all this is having Indio help sign the cards...and the fact that between each card he insisted on trying to put the pen behind his ear, more successful at getting pen on his face than the pen behind his ear.




The actual one:

*My wah, wah, wah, waaaah moment is the same company offered 25% off the day after I ordered and 30% off today, so that's what I get for acting quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...