Saturday, January 4, 2014

Recipe For Success: Recent Recipes

Winter weather like we've been having (highs that don't climb out of the negative, frost on all the old windows and snow drifts piled on the back porch) calls for hearty fare. Give me meat and give me starches, that's my motto. Actually, I've never uttered those words, but the recipes we've been enjoying of late seem to follow that mandate.

Homemade Gnocchi using leftover mashed potatoes
I was skeptical at first, too. But mashed potatoes usually languish in the fridge and finally get pitched on trash day. Never again. Making cold mashed potatoes into gnocchi was easy and they even freeze just fine.

Pork and Pappardelle Pasta
We've done this recipe several times in the last few weeks. We've varied the meat in the dish to try carnitas, leftover roast and store bought rotisserie chicken. All of them work just fine.

Pasta Dough
The best pasta dough recipe is from Tamara over on domesticesq.com.

3 Envelope Roast
I am sad to say I am one of those people that require a recipe for roast. Every. Single. Time. But this one is a keeper and maybe someday I will commit it to memory.

Stay warm and full, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...