Monday, November 2, 2009

Wish list: For the baker

This list is for the baker that keeps you fat and happy. Not fat and happy? Then you aren't giving the right type of gifts. A suggested list of items that puts the icing on their cake.


1 SILICONE BAKING SHEETS . SILPAT
Silicone mats that you place on the cookie sheet and bake on top of yielding no stick glory. Once you start using these, you won't go back.

2 CUSHIONED FLOOR MAT . GELPRO
Baking can be surprisingly hard on your back and feet - especially during those marathon holiday baking sessions. I got the GelPro mat a few years ago and it really makes a huge difference underfoot.

3 MIXING BLADE SPATULA . SIDE SWIPE BLADE
A mixing blade and spatula all-in-one for the KitchenAid type mixer - no more stopping to wipe down the sides of the bowl. Last year we got one for my mother-in-law and she gave it a great review.

4 MAGNETIC MEASURING SPOONS
I didn't actually know these existed until today - but it makes so much sense. The magnetic measuring spoons all click together so you don't have to root around the drawer to find them all. I have metal shelves that I would love to stick them on so they are always ready to go, just in case I have a baking emergency.

5 SILICONE DOILIES . 'DOILEEZ' MODERN TWIST
After seeing these yesterday at my favorite neighborhood general store I drooled all over them. They are silicone doilies you can place your finished goods on for display, but its not your grandmother's doilies.

6 CAKE STANDS . WHITNEY SMITH
When all is said and baked, you need something to display your culinary works of art. I love the ceramics by Whitney Smith - very simple styling with a slight touch of whimsy and femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...