Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wish list: For the paper pusher

When I was a little girl, I had a tiny little* Hello Kitty stationery set. It came with a tiny little pencil, tiny little notepaper, tiny little stickers and - my favorite part - tiny little envelopes. It all fit neatly into a tiny little plastic folder with sleeves and I thought it was the best thing in the world. I would actually write little notes to people and then erase it all so as not to actually loose any of my stationery stock - how weird is that? It can't be good to hoard paper products as a child, but I did.

If you have a paper-lover in your life you need to realize they are a different breed and must be gifted for differently. A good pen might make their heart pitter-patter; a stationery set might really light their fire. We are freaks, what can I say?


1 BIRDIE PAPER CLIP MAGNET . PAPERSOURCE
Hate when your paperclips are scattered about your desk all willy-nilly? Yeah, I don't have this problem, either...but if I did, this little feathered friend is the cutest little desk mate...and it chirps when touched!

2 SHARPIE STAINLESS STEEL MARKER . SHARPIE
Long known as the workhorse of the indelible ink market, Sharpie has decided to class it up a bit with a new stainless steel Sharpie with replacement cartridge. This is only for the most hardcore of the Sharpie users.

3 LETTERPRESS CLASSES . LOCAL LETTERPRESS PRINTSHOP
I have drooled over countless letterpress products - from crisp and classy stationery to funky posters - this is a trait many paper pushers share. Many local working letterpress printshops also provide classes on the side for hands-on fun.

4 CUSTOM-MADE NOTE CARDS . MOO.com
For my mom's last birthday I printed a set of 10 custom note cards from pictures I took of the alpacas and ranch (where she lives). I was really pleased with the printing and she has a set of custom notecards she can send whenever she wants (assuming she doesn't write them in pencil and then erase it so she can hoard the cards.)

5 INDIVIDUALIZED JOURNAL . ETSY
Journals are always cool for the paper pusher, but kick it up a notch by getting a journal that suits their needs - graph paper for the enginerd, music staff paper for the composer or focus on getting or creating a unique cover for your paper pusher.

*Yes, tiny and little are redundant. But that is how small the set really was...I am talking 2 inch square paper with tiny little 2 inche square envelopes. At least that is how I remember it. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...