Sunday, November 23, 2008

Course list: Tasting menu @ Niche

So...After my last visit to the restaurant Niche I took a silent vow to not write a single blog entry until I revisited Niche. A mere 4 months later, Daniel and I went with foodie friends with the mission to have the tasting menu again. I must say the portion size was notably smaller, but the food was delicious and we left feeling very satisfied. Here is the rundown:

1) Seared scallop in popcorn consumme with pork cracklings and meyer lemon.
2) Crab ravioli (and the rest of this course escapes me - sorry for the pathetic reporting)
3) Take on a "reuben"- rye gnocchi with cabbage slaw and mustard seeds, fried pig's tongue
4) Intermezzo: green apple and rosemary sorbet
5) Sous-vied lamb with cauliflower puree
6) Coconut Kulfi with passion fruit glazed pineapple and granola

I must say this was such a delicious meal and everything was spot on. The sorbet was such a delightful taste that lawyerchefgirl and I decided to try to recreate and see how it went. More on that another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...