Thursday, October 1, 2009

Photojourna.list: 2009 Balloon Glow

Spotting a hot air balloon gliding above the horizon ranks up there with seeing a vibrant rainbow (in my most humble opinion.) Imagine my surprise when last year dozens of hot air balloons trekked across the sky above my neighborhood in the Great Forest Park Balloon race. Of course, my Mom and I did what anyone would: hopped in the car and started following the pack of balloons to see where they would land. Another component of the race is the Balloon Glow. All the race participants gather their celestial chariots in an open field and let the propane flow freely against the night sky. Although the balloons stay grounded for this portion of the festivities, something about walking amongst the glowing balloons is so much fun.

1 comment:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...