Friday, November 19, 2010

Indio . Month 3

These past few weeks have combined to become a month of tiny little milestones. Only two months and one day old, Indio pulled a little toy up towards his mouth - showing off fine motor skills previously unobserved. He did this in the middle of a HomeGoods shopping trip, causing my mom to lean over to me, tug on my arm and, with barely contained pride and excitement (her voice almost a vibrato), claim "this...is...a milestone!" Trust me, I understood how impressive this feat of coordination was and would have shot off little confetti cannons or done a jig had we not been in the middle of glassware.


Since that day I have enjoyed watching his world expand - each day his grasp is a little better, his sight seems to go a bit further and tummy time gets a little longer. It is so easy to be amazed when every new move and sound is a first of its kind and all these milestones I carefully catalogue mentally - knowing that they will eventually be replaced with new memories and milestones of bigger events. Much bigger events...like sleeping through the night.



His stats:
Weight: 16.5 lbs according to Wii Fit (no Dr. appointment this month for official standings)

Momma Loves: Cuddling up with my little bundle for an after work nap. This is a habit I'm going to have to let go of if we ever want to get a solid night sleep, though.

DaDa Loves:
The laugh. Although not easy to coax out of our little guy - it comes stealthily and is over just as quickly. Don't expect a command performance laugh as we have made fools of ourselves on many an occasion trying to get Indio to laugh in front of others (all unsuccessfully).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...