Thursday, October 29, 2009

Point/Counterpoint

Daniel played the song Happy House by Siouxsie and The Banshees for me and the song Leaf House by Animal Collective immediately popped into my head as the the lyrical counterpoint (main refrain being "This house is saaaaaaad"). And a list was born...Anyway, here are my thoughts on point/counterpoint songs - some are lyrically based, others I just got cheeky with the song titles. Happy listening.

[Note: All links go to YouTube videos that were working at the time of blog writing.]

Point: Happy House . Siouxsie and The Banshees
Counterpoint: Leaf House . Animal Collective

Point: Stairway to Heaven. Led Zeppelin
Counterpoint: Elevators . Outkast

Point: Everybody Hurts . REM
Counterpoint: I Am a Rock . Simon and Garfunkel

Point: November Rain . Guns 'n' Roses
Counterpoint: I Can See Clearly Now . Johnny Nash

Point: Crying . Roy Orbison
Counterpoint: Smiley Faces . Gnarles Barkley

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...